Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Two valid ID's"

I have come to detest the phrase above. Every single time it appears, it bodes of long lines amidst sweaty people under the sweltering summer sun, or during such humid drizzly days that even my eyebrows seem to want to frizz up. And that's not the worst part. I'd then have to deal with government people, who seem to think they're doing people a favor by doing their job. They never arrive on time, and when they do, they engage in such endless chitchat, work for two hours, leave for lunchbreak at 11, sleep, resume work around 1:30, and start packing up and doing their makeup by 4. What the hell?!! It kinda begs the question that in order to get one valid ID, you need two valid ID's. Duh. I now see the wisdom behind a national ID system, which, although it has its obvious dangers, would also make life a whole lot less complicated. Right now, the only thing I've ticked off my list is my NBI clearance, and it took me EEEEEEEEEEEEEONS to get it, as apparently, there is more than one person with my name (sans middle name) in this country, and that NBI bitch clerk would not hear of my suggestion to check the middle names of my namesakes, as I sincerely doubt if there is anybody with the same middle name and born to parents with the same names as MY parents. I'm sooooooooooooo dreading the whole SSS ID process and passport processing thing tomorrow. Not only do I have to take time off from work only to find myself trapped in government hell to apply for these valid ID's, I furthermore have to take more time off from work to claim them. It's madness, I tell you. I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment