Monday, December 17, 2007

Shopping weekend

I died and went to shopping heaven Saturday night. Anna and I went to the Christ the King Bazaar to finish our Christmas shopping. The slope was bad (gradual, but oddly difficult to traverse), and we kinda had a hard time keeping our balance walking up and down and up and down and up and down the two aisles but by far, I got the best deals ever. I basically busted MY ENTIRE SALARY on weekend shopping. I'll have to survive on Skyflakes for the next two weeks. Well, not exactly, but I can't splurge on dinner too much until the next suweldo. Hehe! Oh well. I have to lose weight anyway. I loooooooove everything I bought. This is the last of my shopping escapade extravaganzas, since I'll be belt-tightening beginning January next year. Read: saving up for a car, which is going to take quite a while, even if I get a hefty bonus... (Lord, please enlighten the minds of the partners of the firm and make them realize what a difference they will make in the lives of so many entrepreneurs if they give me a bonus... Hehehe!) So... My plan is to save half my net income (i.e. less taxes and other charges, rent and bills). The other half will comprise my monthly personal allowance. It's actually a pretty good plan. My "personal allowance" isn't too bad. So anyway,,, any shopping I'll be doing will be financed by my "personal allowance". The policy is N-E-V-E-R touch my savings unless I'm dying and/or in immediate need of surgery and/or expensive medication the cost of which cannot be reasonably borne by the disposable half of my income. (And yes, the reason I'm writing this is to psyche myself up.) So there. Three days and two rehearsals to making-a-fool-out-of-myself-day (a.k.a. the firm's Christmas party). Ladida...

No comments:

Post a Comment