Friday, January 04, 2008

A Tribute of Sorts

It's another lazy day at work. A lot of partners are still out on leave, so there's not much work to go around for the underbar slave population, since the big bosses who give orders are out on vacation.

So anyway, vain and conceited and self-centered as I am, I Google-d myself, my relatives and a few of my friends, just for whatev. Google-ability now sort of validates or confirms that a person exists. If your name doesn't appear ANYWHERE on the internet, it's just, well, weird. It's almost like the world has forgotten that you exist, or existed, and affected people's lives in some way, good OR bad. Many of the people in this list retired years before the advent of the internet as we know it, while some just aren't very fond of computers, or some other reason I don't want to think about. In any case, I would have wanted to write something more heartwrenching, but I guess this will suffice for the moment, lest I burst into tears in the office and gain a reputation as the crazy new hire.

So then, this is a tribute to the people who have made the most impact on my life, good or bad, for the people who have been in every chapter of my life, and who will always be part of me because I have never loved anybody more than I love them...

Carmen Veronica Brown del Corro, my grandmother, Mama, who in spite of her cynicism, her fangs and her razor tongue, loves us like crazy and reigns like the matriarch she is.

Daniel Jason Yenko Torralba, my only brother and sibling, JJ, whom I hope will come back to us when he's ready to face the world again with family by his side.

Susan Sofia del Corro Yenko-Adad, my only aunt, Tita Susan, my pet and my master, whom I am lucky to have caught up with before it was too late.

Sergio Mendoza Yenko, my grandfather, my Lolo, who was a great man once. I never really knew him, but I am his granddaughter in every way.

Danilo Lojo Torralba, Daddy, who tried to give us the best to make up for the worst.

Ma. Lourdes del Corro Yenko-Torralba, Mommy, who left too early but was never really gone.

We've all made our fair share of mistakes and wrong turns. We're all human, after all. That doesn't right a wrong, and it can't change how people feel about what we've done or what we haven't done, but I hope everything turns out great for all of us. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment