Thursday, December 01, 2005

The best hug ever

I just got home from school about an hour and a half ago. I dropped by the condo for a few minutes to freshen up before I went over to McDonald's to have dinner with an old friend. I haven't seen him in quite a while. As with most of my friends, our schedules rarely allow for rendezvous-ing. Even today, we only had half an hour to catch up before he had to go to class and all. I'm really happy we met up though. The past few days have been really stressful, with my dad getting confined in the hospital and all, and I glad (what a word) to see him. We had dinner, or, well, I did. He just watched me eat. And then we talked for a few minutes. And then I got the best hug ever. =) Just when I needed it.

School has been a bit more hectic than usual, what with Ma'am Beth, Dan Gat and Danny Con Mondays and Wednesdays, one paper due every Monday, Leonen on Tuesdays, Spec Pro and Tax on Thursdays, Dan Gat on Fridays. I got called twice for Loc Gov for cases I didn't read. First time, I sort of got away with it. The second time, I overread for Pril (I read til Page 102 when the homework turned out to be til Page 59.) and ended up not being able to finish the assigned cases for Loc Gov. We all thought class was over, as it was 3:05 or 3:10 already, and class was supposed to end at 3. I had put my stuff away and all, and then I got called. Dan Gat had skipped a couple of cases, and there was one case left at the end, so I thought, yeah, I can do that. But no, he went back to two of the cases he skipped. Gawd, the horror! I so have to make up for that. And Esguerra held mini-orals earlier today. It was okay naman. But I still hate exams. I'm just happy I actually have weekends free now. Not that I get to go out a lot. I usually just spend the two days I have free lounging around watching good movies I've seen, or the ones I missed.

My dad got out of the hospital earlier today. Thank God. I couldn't study for the longest time out of sheer terror that he had cancer or something of the sort. One of my great-aunts has colon cancer. My dad says it's only a matter of time. Last I saw her, she looked like Death himself.

Among other things, I don't want to become an orphan, you know. My overactive imagination went wild. I couldn't stop thinking of all the worst-case scenarios. And then I cried like I haven't cried in a long time. What if this, what if that...? I'm so scared of losing people I love that I sometimes overreact when anybody in the family gets sick, as we're generally a pretty healthy lot. My generation, anyway. And my dad's 51. More than half a century. Age really does aggravate things. I panic when Mama (my maternal grandmother) gets a headache. As for Mama, my concern is justified. She still smokes, is prone to hypertension and heart attacks and all. And our family has a long history of all sorts of cancer, leukemia, heart ailments, hypertension and even diabetes. You name it, we've got it. I think it's the cigarettes. Even I have some sort of a heart problem. I mean that both literally and figuratively. =p I get your run of the mill chest pains every now and then. Worst ones were when I was in college. I just make all sorts of excuses when they want to take me to the hospital. And when they finally convince me to go, I make all sorts of excuses to NOT get the test results. What I don't know won't hurt me. Besides, it's probably just stress.

Anyway, what really aggravated the whole situation is that they don't tell me what's going on in full detail. It's like asking for the time and getting the answer, "Morning." Hello? Could you please be responsive to the question? I know it's because they don't want me to get worried, but ironically, what results is the exact opposite. I'm going home after Corpo tomorrow night to check on them. I want to see the test results for myself, just to make sure they're not hiding something from me.

On the brighter side, Tito Iggy sent me extra moolah for books. I guess it'll get credited to my account tomorrow. We're having breakfast one of these weekends. Yipeedooyay.

No comments:

Post a Comment