Sunday, June 19, 2011

Current mood: melancholic

It's Fathers' Day today. I remembered. Dad forgot. So he cancelled on me, and I'm spending the long weekend at home resting, reading, watching dvd's I promised myself long ago that I'd finish. Good gloomy rainy weather to boot.


Given that I love long weekends, gloomy weather, staying in, reading and watching movies,one would think that I would have loved this particular weekend, but for some reason, I felt different. Maybe even sad. And I don't know why. Or maybe I do and I just refuse to acknowledge it. Which is how I deal with most problems. I simply push them aside until I absolutely HAVE to deal with them.

It would have been perfect had it not been for this one message I got on Facebook from this random relative of mine. I get so much pressure from so many people to spend time with them that sometimes I just want to pack up and disappear. I do have a life, you know. I can't just shuttle around between and among relatives just to make them all happy. I don't understand why they have to demand, in not so many words, that I do. It's just so frustrating. It's like they don't know me at all. I have this passive-aggressive thing going on, which I really can't help. When they don't demand, I go and do whatever it is. But when they start demanding and becoming clingy, I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment