Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Personal day

Well, as I said, I have been trying do dial down my productivity level at work, just so I don't appear to be too competent. (Haha! Right...) I don't want to be the biba kid at work. I just want to do my job. So when I woke up late this morning, instead of just taking the morning off, I decided to skip work altogether. See I put on my Friends Season 8 dvd while I was drying my hair, and I got so engrossed in it I lost track of time. By the time I checked my watch, well, let's just say, I'd have to be begging to get fired if I'd gone to work that late. And so I ended up finishing season 8 today. I love that series. Reminds me of so many things. I remember watching it all throughout my teen years. Good thing I was never an impressionable teenager, right? Lol.

So anyway, today was great, particularly since I somehow lost half my weekend last weekend. I had dinner and (milk)tea with C and N Friday night. We went to our favorite Greek restaurant (not there are very many Greek restaurants here in Manila), Cyma, over at that new Eastwood mall. It's reasonably priced, and their food is pretty good. And Eastwood is so much less stressful than Greenbelt. Although I do miss how it was before they built all the condos and the mall and the call centers. It was so much more laid back then. There was a time when literally every single time I set foot in that area, I'd run into at least a dozen people I knew from college or from law school. Well, suffice it to say that I didn't see a single familiar face while we were there. And we were there a while. It's kinda sad, when I think about it.

On another note, I recently discovered that Serenitea has a taro-flavored concoction. Yay! A friend of mine said, in response to my good news (Well, it was good news to ME.), that it was like melted Quickly. Yes, Anna, good one. It is soooooo not. How do I know this? Because being the tamad person that I am (Bruno Mars's The Lazy Song is the song of my life. On weekends, anyway. And days like today.), I had Serenitea delivered Saturday night. AND since they had a minimum delivery amount of Php250, I had to have three large milk tea concoctions delivered. Ugh. I just had the last one today. Finally. I feel like I've been sweating milk tea. And it's not even the kind I like. Well, except for the taro one. I'm more into the milk tea they serve at the hawker stalls at Makan Sutra in Singapore. Or the one they serve at my favorite hole-in-the-wall dimsum place, Wai Ying in Binondo.

More happy news, I got to spend some time with my C, my roommate of ten years, and N, C's sister, and my roommate of two (or was it three?) years, and also a close friend of mine. We all went to N's place to watch Boston Legal and we all slept over after, while C's husband bid his sweet time at Republiq, the current flavor-of-the-month bars here. Well, one of THE MANY. (Reminds me of that ominously abandoned building that used to be Po Na Na.) It was a fun night. I don't think I've spent that much time with them since before the wedding. Good times.

Oh, and speaking of weddings, or, well, something sort of related to it, I just saw He's just not that into you on HBO, and like I tweeted, that movie is a classic example of how girls sometimes are reaaaaaaaaaaaally psycho about overanalyzing things, and guys, being the guys they are, are just plain clueless. Good movie though. I didn't know Rachel from Something Borrowed also starred in it. If you're a movie person, don't judge me. I choose the books I read, the music I listen to, and the movies I watch based on entertainment value. I don't really care for the more -ahem- "sophisticated" artiste-ey stuff that I roll my eyes at. Classic example, I once tried to read Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury when I was in law school. I decided I needed a break from jurisprudence, so I dropped by National Bookstore, and lo and behold, it was on sale. Yup, bad sign. So anyway, I covered it and curled up in bed with it. A hundred pages later, I was sound asleep. I tried to pick it up again the next day, didn't work. I ended up reading a trashy novel.

On a related topic, to the subject of weddings, I mean, not trashy novels, my other college roommate, M (actually C, but since I already used C, let's call her M), is getting married in September to this redhead lawyer guy from New York. My good friend N, who now lives and works in NYC tells me the wedding will be in Virginia. So exciting. Although a bit unsettling that of the four of us college roommates (if I don't count A, who was only our roommate until mid-sophomore year, and who , by September, I'll be the only single one. Not that I'm set on going down THAT road. Quite the opposite. Still merits a little "Huh." though. Have to find out if they're registered or something. I have to get her a bridal shower gift and a wedding gift, since I won't be able to go to the wedding. Sad, I know. Wasn't able to go to our other college roommate T's wedding too, as I was working for scraps then. This time, I can't afford to go traipsing around to the other side of the globe. I would if I could though. M is one of the nicest kindest people I know, and she really deserves every good thing that has come her way. I really couldn't be happier for her. And she looks so in love! And her fiance looks really seriously in love with her. And he looks like a good person. As he should be. She deserves it.

So anyway, gotta go chat with N and catch up. We have a love-hate relationship that one can only have with really close friends. We fight a lot, but I think that's only because we know that in spite of the harsh words, we both always mean well. We just have a really blunt way of delivering the truth. And we can both be insensitive sometimes. But that's ok, because we always end up friends after the fights anyway. And no, nothing going on there. That would be like incest or interracial (and by that I mean me and E.T.) sort of...something. And with that, I bid you good night.

P.S. I didn't bother to check this for grammar and spelling. Bear with me, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment