Tuesday, June 07, 2011

One random Tuesday in the life of a -ahem- normally abnormal person (wink wink)

It has been simply scorching recently. I really can't feel that summer's over. I mean save for the occasional localized thunderstorm. It is HOOOOOOOOOOOTTT in Manila. Earlier today, my Google Desktop weather widget read 34 degrees. Yep. 34. And it already read 32 at 9am. Kill me now please. It really doesn't help that I'm trying to finish this batch of sunblock so I can get a new more tropic-friendly batch. I used to be able to use the Faceshop SPF 50 or the Neutrogena Dry-Touch ones but since I developed an allergy to the new lotion I decided to try out (that Myra E thingo---I think the scent they use is too strong. I got rashes after using Victoria's Secret lotion for two weeks straight last month. So non-doctor, non-chemist little lawyerly me thinks it's the scents.), and revert to my trusty Jergens Soothing Aloe lotion, I need a new lighter sunblock to layer on top of it. Under rays THAT harsh, trust me, even melanin-rich people like me need it. I don't want to be a shriveled old skin cancer-ey prune when I'm 50.

One last note about the heat. I don't know if it's just me, but it seriously seems to get hotter around 10pm. I generally get home between 5 and 6:30, and I usually survive with just the fan running. BUT when 10pm rolls along, it's like a warm blow dryer aimed at my back. Ewwwww.  I really seriously hate the heat. I miss Baguio weather. It's always so nice and cool and crisp there. Well, the CBD smells like diesel, but the outskirts are still pretty good.

So anyway. I got two happy things in the mail today. First off, I the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Office mailed me my compliance certificate. I am officially MCLE compliant for the fourth compliance period, i.e. until April 15, 2013. So yay me! =D

Second, I got the book I ordered from fullybookedonline.com. They didn't have Schindler's List the book, so I got Searching for Schindler by the same author instead. Looks pretty promising. The book wasn't in the best of shape, but it'll do. Consider it my punishment for another impulse book purchase. I promise I will refrain from book shopping until I've finished all the ones I've already bought. And yes, I say that every single time I buy a book.

Oooooh, and I just bought seasons 1 to 9 of Family Guy. I loooooooove that cartoon. I can totally relate to Stewie Griffin the murderous little tot. Hehe! Can't wait to get started on that. I have to make time for it this weekend. Although since we're having our weekly office thing in Makati, then I'm having lunch with Lorr and the girls Saturday (and I'll probably be meeting Chi for coffee after), and I plan to sleep a good chunk of Sunday away, I'll have to check where I can fit that into my lethargic schedule.

Speaking of lethargy, I've been so unbelievably efficient the past month I decided to take it down a notch today. I took a good chunk of the afternoon off to read the latest Kristan Higgins novel, My One and Only. I just finished it a few minutes ago. There really is nothing like good chick lit. A little heart pinching here, a little (but not too much) drama there, and a really refreshing style of writing = good read in my book. I love the way Kristan Higgins writes. It's so light and natural, and sooooooooooo different from those basura trashy novels, which, incidentally, I also read. I wonder when her next book will come out. Meanwhile, I'll read the rest of the Emily Giffin books. I recently finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue. I have to admit, I have a new appreciation for chick lit.

Tomorrow, I'll check if my dibidi person was able to get the ones I ordered. She wasn't able to get the movies, so I just ordered Band of Brothers (which I've already seen twice or thrice but cannot get enough of), Spartacus, and Game of Thrones.

And now it is time to turn on the AC, take a shower and turn in for the night. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is it still so hoooooooooottt???

No comments:

Post a Comment