Monday, January 02, 2012

:-(

Leaving Baguio is always bittersweet. A lot of things may have gone awry in this city since I was an official resident, but like some members of my family, I can't stay away for too long. But my life, or at least my job, and most of my friends are in Manila, and I like the independence and the anonymity that filthy city affords. As always though, I will be back really soon.

Anyway, the bus is leaving for Manila. I will miss my family, although I spend hours on the phone talking to them. I will miss the cold, the pine trees, and familiar strangers who smile and say good morning. Back to the grind. Back to the impersonal heat of Manila, that manic collage of rustic elegance coated with a hundred years of dirt and grime.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment