Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Domestic goddessdom


I'm back in my little hole-in-the-wall in Manila. Like I said in yesterday's post, though leaving Baguio is never a happy thought, I love my little life in Manila. I got to the condo around 4 this morning and set about unpacking my personal stuff and my new loot. I put things back in their proper places, stashed my suitcases (left with one, returned with two), and excitedly took down my curtains to replace them with the first of the two new sets I bought in Baguio. Love it!

Oh, and as I mentioned, I recently discovered that I can actually cook edible food. (According to a very credible source, I.e. Me, I'm pretty darn good at this cooking thing, particularly given that I used to only make breakfast food.) This week, my menu says pork steak and menudo. Or pork humba. The recipe sounds simpler. I'm starting with the Filipino basics before I move on to other stuff. I'm going grocery-shopping tomorrow to prepare for my little experiment. Oh goodie.

One thing that has been bugging me though is the lack of storage space here. I'm thinking of having shelves installed, but I haven't made up my mind yet. We'll see. And I want to replace my shoe rack. And get a new dresser. But all of this will cost quite a bit, so I'll have to put my home improvement plans on hold for a while. The holidays are expensive, see, but I'm not complaining. I love that I was able to treat the oldies and the youngies to a couple of lunches and dinners. I had so much fun during the holidays, expense be damned. I just have to curb my spending for the next couple of weeks/months so I can recoup my cash outflow.

Anyhoo, I'm going to pop in my Rod Stewart - The Great American Songbook cd's, pick out a random book from my stash, and enjoy the new view from my couch. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite. On second thought, if you have bedbugs, just burn your mattress.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just the lighting but it makes me think of a Louis Vuitton bag.

    ReplyDelete