Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Just about .

I cut both Nego and PIL today. Somehow, I couldn't convince myself to get out of bed until late in the afternoon. Haven't been all that inspired to go to school or to study lately. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the little tiff I had with my dad a few days ago. Or maybe I'm just not meant for law. Well, too late to back out NOW. I'm already on my third f-ing year. Might as well get it over and done with. Too much at stake if I quit. It's just my sanity and peace of mind that will suffer if I don't. Twisted logic. I know.

Anyway, on to better and brighter things... I went to the Ateneo Alumni Mass at the Gesu last Sunday with Joven. I was actually up really early (for me, anyway) on a bright and sunny Sunday morning. Took a shower, got dressed, and waited for Joven to call or text that he was downstairs already. As usual, he was right on time. After he picked me up at the condo, we went over to the Gesu. As all the parking slots at the dorm were filled, we ended up in front of the J.R. Better, actually. It's a bit farther to the Gesu from there than from the dorm, but Ateneo's just breathtaking on Sundays, especially now that everything's just sparkling green, and it's not scorching hot anymore. Mass was ok. Fr. Mac's homily was comme ci comme ca. I usually prefer the Filipino Jesuits. There were more people last Sunday than at the previous alumni masses I've been to. Didn't see anybody familiar there though. The one thing I distinctly remember was the teeny feeling of relief-slash-comfort that I felt when I was walking back to the back of the Gesu after communion and Joven was there.

After mass, we went around Ateneo looking for fire tree seed pods / seedlings. I'm NOT kidding. Joven wanted to get one for their front yard. And he didn't want to buy daw when he could just get one for free. Well, after scouring the J.R. yard, under the tree near the gym, the one beside the SEC, and the one in between Gonzaga and Berchmans, we ended up empty-handed and famished. Funny kid. So then it was off to lunch. I couldn't think of anywhere in particular I wanted to binge, and Joven didn't want to decide, so we ended up NOT in Eastwood or Libis where he originally wanted to go. Instead, we found ourselves in good old World Topps. Katipunan. =p Blame it on my indecisiveness. Lunch was still fun though. I saw a few familiar faces from the dorm there. It's always interesting talking to Joven anyway. (Plus the fact that we had tons to talk about, as we hadn't seen each other or had a decent conversation since after Christmas.) Conversation-wise, I'd rate him around the same level as Franco and Nico. And that's pretty damn high.

An hour and a half and a bowlful of salpicao later, it was time to go home. I had to get started on Nego, and Joven had to go to a meeting in Makati. And so went my rendezvous with one of my oldest, closest and most treasured friends. Not sure when we'll see each other again, but I hope it will be very soon. I really do miss him. He's the older brother I never had and more. Well, that's life. You can't always get what you want. Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment