Saturday, December 10, 2011

Voldie no. 2

A few years ago, I cut someone off because I finally realized, after quite a few rebound episodes, that I was in a vicious cycle of a relationship that had long outrun its course. Well, this year, I have finally realized that I am, again, in another vicious cycle of yet another relationship that has, again, long outrun its course. You know you're not really friends with someone when he/she is consistently nice to everyone but you in spite of your uncharacteristic niceness to him/her. So there. It's seriously Voldie all over again. Well, minus the making out stuff. Ewwwww. The thought makes me shudder. anyhoo, I am editing my relationships this year, and this time, this one's for real. It's been exhausting trying to extend the shelflife of a friendship that I probably should have accepted has been over for quite a while. And the funny thing is, I'm not even sad about it anymore. Distance sooooooooooo does not make the heart grow fonder. It just makes you forget and move on with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment