Friday, March 04, 2005

Procrastination tactics in the lib - Day 4,503

Since my last post, I have managed to drive myself crazy with NOT preparing for the ball at all. In just a bit more than 24 hours, I will be making a complete and total fool out of myself in front of the UP Law community. I just wish this throat thingiemajiggie of mine would get worse and render me physically incapable of going to the ball dateless and a fashion disaster. This is my karma for all those times I've driven daggers into people whose fashion sense I couldn't fathom even in my wildest dreams. Now I have 24 hours to find a way to escape this dreadful hellhole I've dug myself into. It sucks being a girl!!! But then again I love being a girl. Oh well.

So anyway, for the record, I DID go to class yesterday, although I was desperately late for Admin because of the traffic and my overturned decision NOT to go to class. I finally dragged myself out of bed around 11:30 after I realized I had 2 digests to make. I crammed away until 12:30, took a marathon bath then tried to weave through the traffic to school. Well, not exactly. I took a cab. But when I do get a car, (hopefully by the end of law school, if everything goes well) I'll probably be a maniac on the road. Or maybe not. I don't want a driver though. I want to be the one maneuvering that scrap of metal around the city streets, hitting people and leaving roadkill everywhere. Hahaha! Just kidding. So back at the ranch (last phrase syndrome c/o A Series of Unfortunate Events Vol. 2 - The Reptile Room which I just finished, incidentally.), I got bored to death from 1 to 4. As usual. Before and after class, I had a quick snack with Mario then went to the Winlaw-sponsored career talks in Sta.Ana. Oh yeah, by the way, seems like all the 3A guys got haircuts this week. I didn't even recognize Leo yesterday. Anyway... Because of my desperate attempt to counter my innate drive NOT to go to class, I ended up contact-less, i.e. wearing glasses today, so I felt like I was hovering through Malcolm. I'm so not used to wearing glasses anymore... My only happy thought yesterday was that well, there was free food after the talk. And... -AHEM- sorry Mario, (name deleted). Res ipsa loquitur. Sigh...

Anyway, Nico, Mario and I hitched a ride to Katipunan with Jen and had dinner at Bento Box. Note: Cute little Japanese kid at the next table. =) I mean REALLY young though. After dinner, I settled down in the condo and watched the soaps on Ch.2 with my roommates then headed over to Sands' (2 doors down from the condo) to, well, procrastinate some more. Kri and I went to 7-11 to buy our supply of lung cancer inducers and snacks then we both went back to the condo to fiddle with the computers. I unearthed so many programs last night! It was fascinating! Hard to imagine how nobody knew those programs were even in there. Oh well. That's what I get when I'm bored.

And as for today, I got up at 11:30 for CivPro but I still ended up late for class. My throat still feels like hell... I think I'm getting my annual bout of tonsilitis again... Darn. I hate going to the doctor...

It's such a drag being poor.

On another note, I talked to Tito Iggy last night, and he's going to see if he can get me into Feria for internship. Yay! And I'm getting -ahem- financial support for the summer! Double yay! And if my instincts serve me right, I think I'm getting a landline along with the package. Yahoo!!! So there. I just emailed Tito Iggy and Joven my CV and the respective cover letters. I really hope everything goes well. I SO do not want to rot away at home again for 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment