Friday, March 11, 2005

Spent but happy =) Haha! Nothing bastos.

Ahh... Well now. Since yesterday's post, life certainly has been more interesting than normal. Hehe!

Last night was Daisy's birthday treat. Jen, Chi, Nico, Oggs, Lianne, Mia, Daisy and I, being the pigs that we are, devoured the Gerry's feast like there was no tomorrow. I am not kidding. It was a wrestling match for the last piece of laing and the teeniest bit of chicken. After we were done, the table looked like two dozen 200-pound Vikings who had just come home from raids had decided to drop by for a quick fix. And that was SO not the end of the affair. We all went home for a while but Jen, Chi and I had Inihaw Rep drinking plans at 9:30 with Leo and the guys. Actually, it was more like 10 when the three of us got there, and it took the guys FOREVER to get there. They were still playing Dota in Blue Skies, see, and, well, you know the deal with guys and these video game thingies. They will NEVER get over this phase. So anyway, Chi, Jen and I had a couple of beers with J.P., Leo, Troy, Marlon, Kris (Troy and JP's friend from high school---Sacred Heart School for High Boys daw. Hehe!), and A.R. (who got there really late). I texted Franco but he decided to pass muna. So anyway, I think I got home at 3 or thereabouts, took a shower, set my alarm for 6:30 and slept.

Sorry, did anybody say alarm? What alarm? Hah. Apparently, my phone somehow got buried under my pillows, and I totally dozed through my alarm and 10 reminders every 5 minutes, and at maximum volume too. It's takes talent to do that, I swear! Anyway, embarrassing though it may be, I wasn't able to meet up with Franco, A.R. and Reena in school as we originally planned. They had to wait like 20 minutes while I took a marathon shower. Again. Second day in a row that I wasn't able to dry my hair. Darn. I looked like a drowned rat again today. So anyway, when I finally ran downstairs, we went to the Pansol Barangay Hall to observe Lupon hearings for CivPro. None of us had been there before, so it was field trip day. Felt like we weren't just 5 minutes away from Katipunan. It's one of those not-so-well-off areas where people dwindle away their free time just making tambay around, which, according to A.R. encourages criminal activity. Or was it Franco. I really can't remember. I'm so sleepy right now. My eyes are just about to fall out of their respective sockets. So anyway, there weren't any hearings scheduled for this morning, so we just interviewed the lupon members. After THAT trip, we went on yet another excursion, this time, to that place I call home: ATENEO. After an excruciatingly long respite from cholesterol (Yeah right. Who am I kidding?), I finally got to devour inihaw na liempo over at Manang's. Yay yay yay!!! Yum yum!!! Cholesterol fest!!! Haha!!! Too bad Reena was on a diet and just had fish and veggies. Well, Francesco, A.R. and I binged like crazy. Well, as for Francesco, it really doesn't matter as he's so thin. Well, wiry, according to him. (By the way, words for the day from Mr.Britanico: ESOTERIC and ADROIT. Who else can pull THOSE words off in a normal sentence?) Anyway, after brunch, we dragged Reena around campus for a senti walk. Gonzaga, EDSA Walk, Xavier Hall, Kostka, Colayco, the Quad, Faura, Dela Costa, SocSci, Eagle's Park, SOM, CTC, SEC, the Cafe, and, well, the parking lots, the High School (while pointing over one's shoulder). Post-senti walk, A.R. dropped us off at Malcolm, and Reena went off to the Portia Room, and Franco and I agreed to meet at the Lounge after freshening up. (VERY HOT DAY.)

Francesco is a VERY good conversationalist. I mean really. He's one of those people who seems to have preserved the long lost art of good conversation. And the vocabulary! Man oh man oh man! I swear to God, he recites the entire dictionary every hour. I am not kidding. Who else says ESOTERIC and ADROIT in a normal sentence with a straight face? Well, in any case, I again had a very interesting albeit intermittent conversation with Franco in Mocha Blends earlier interspersed with studying for Credit and CivPro. We left for Ateneo a few minutes after JP and Yang arrived and went over to Bel to get my diploma. That thing is BIIIIIIIG, I tell you. And it's in Latin. Can't even remember what the Latin translation of Legal Management is. I just remember the last word's NEGOTIORUM. Well, in any case, I wasn't able to claim it yet. I had to pay doc stamp tax (P15, which according to Leo and JP, I shouldn't pay because diplomas are exempt from doc stamp taxes), but when Franco and I got to Xavier, the line was so fucking long! Blame it on Ateneans and cramming everything. Oh well. Can't complain about cramming. It's a talent. So anyway... With nothing more to busy ourselves with, Franco and I searched the vendos, caf down and Cervini caf for C2 but ended up empty-handed so he bought Gatorade instead then we finally got down to business and went kite-flying. Well, we tried. An hour or two earlier, the wind was perfect for flying a kite, but it was scorching hot, so we put it off for a while. When the sun was kinder on us, mere mortals prone to sunburn and skin cancer, the wind had gone. And I mean GONE. We tried the soccer field at the back of the SOM, the space beside the MO, and finally the field beside Moro, but even after all the running around Franco did, the kite, cute though it was, just refused to fly for more than 15 seconds. There was absolutely no wind. Not even a slight breeze. According to Francesco, even the trees looked bored. Even the clouds weren't moving. Everything was absolutely still, like the earth had stopped revolving or something. Oh well. But I will fly a kite before the school year ends it if kills me. Or Franco for that matter. Hehe! Well, we gave up after a dozen attempts at getting that damned kite to fly and sat down dejectedly under a tree until A.R. and Reena came to pick us up a bit past 6. Again, VERY interesting conversation. Like listening to the encyclopedia. In a good way though. =) I learned quite a few bits of trivia today. BUT as I'm just about ready to nap away, I'll enumerate some other time. Anyhoo, after dinner in Kamirori and a short trip to Aeon Books, the four of us finally got to do the lupon thing over in Park 9. Juicy juicy juicy. Soap opera material. Details to follow na lang though.

I went home for a while then studied for a while in Mocha Blends with JP and Leo before they left to drink with Troy and Kris in Tribu then play Dota. Again. As for me, I had to pass due to my worsening state of sleepiness.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I'm going to Tagaytay tomorrow!!! Yay!!! Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment