Monday, March 24, 2008

More on the B-word

I know, I know… I’m torturing myself. I can’t help it… I was invariably drawn to the Supreme Court website, and then inevitably to the 2007 bar exams. The results will most likely be released by the end of this week. Thus the clammy hands and feet and everything else. I have no idea what I’m going to pummel myself with on Friday to keep myself from thinking about the B-word. Maybe I’ll just go to work til a teeny tiny bit after noon, and then board a bus to somewhere up north where nobody knows me, and commune with God til I receive the fabulous news. But then again, knowing myself, I’ll probably be glued to a monitor somewhere, refreshing again and again and again til the list of “successful bar examinees” appears before my tired eyes… Argggh… Positive thinking…

I will pass the 2007 bar.

I will pass the 2007 bar.

I will pass the 2007 bar.

(I’ve been sporadically visualizing my name on that list, just in case the universe gets tired of listening to my cerebral mumbling and decides to listen to my heartfelt plea.)

It’s torture. Sheer torture. What on earth have I gotten myself into this time?

Oh, and I’ve given in to Folk Catholicism too, for the purpose of passing the bar. I might as well pray to Buddha and Shiva and Allah and Zeus and Thor and whoever else will listen. I need to drown myself in work so I can forget about the impending onslaught of all imaginable emotions. But then again, it’s already begun. I want to go hide under a rock. Or bury myself underneath my pillows until it's all over. Heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I sooooooooo need a beer…

No comments:

Post a Comment