Thursday, July 10, 2008

On births and birthdays

The past week, three new little persons joined the ranks of our crazy family. I gave birth to triplets. Hehe! Joke. Fats lang talaga yan. Anyway... One boy, and twin girls. Ashton Ron (apparently, his mom has a thing for Ashton Kutcher), and the twin girls who were just born a few minutes ago, no names yet. So for purposes of this blog entry, let's call them Twin 1 and Twin 2. I used to think remembering birthdays was such a breeze. BUT when I stopped taking time to write people's birthdays at the top of the squares of my monthly desk calendar, I also stopped remembering them. Of course I never forget the birthdays of family and close friends (whose birthdays really are the only ones that matter anyway). I'm just finding it pretty hard to remember the birthdays of the next generation. I keep on mixing them all up. It's like they're not landmark birthdays anymore, not like those of the oldies, which somehow rank up there with Valentine's Day. Anyway, just an observation. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment