Friday, July 25, 2008

Thought/s for the day

I’ve basically been bumming around since yesterday. I finished everything I have to do so far, and I’m just waiting for everything to come crawling back to my in-tray. So anyway, lately, I’ve been seriously considering either pursuing an LLM degree or getting a second (well, third, if you count the LLB) degree, in the natural sciences (I was thinking either chemistry or physics, both of which I’ve always been very interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in, but my dad wouldn’t let me.), or in humanities (literature, philosophy---dannnnnng, I shouldn’t have shifted out…). So anyway, since I’ve got tons of time on my hands, and unlimited free internet access, I’ve been browsing through LLM and other post-graduate degree sites and scholarship sites, and the US State Department Student Visa site, and goddammit, I need at least 2M to go study abroad. And that’s a conservative estimate. Quoting Mondy, “ANAK ng MINATAMIS NA KAMOTENG KAHOY!!!” Exaj!!! How the hell am I supposed to come up with THAT?!!! Fulbright requires at least 2 years of work experience. Fine, maybe it’s too early anyway… I’m just craving student-dom. It’s so addicting, I swear! And the thought of studying abroad, oh boy. Freedom!!!

Well, I guess I’ll study my options first. Take the FSO exam next year. Get some work experience. Figure out how to work around the whole expense thing. AND rank the so many things I want to do:

(1) Get myself my LLM degree.

(2) Pursue further studies, preferably relating to my other interests: chemistry / physics / literature / philosophy, etc.

(3) Travel. – One of the reasons why I want to study abroad.

(4) Visit my relatives abroad.

(5) Shop.

(6) Buy a car.

(7) Get my own place

(8) Invest wisely. – which will have to be balanced vis-à-vis # 5, 6 an 7.

(9) (Reserved for future use.)

(10) (Reserved for future use.)

By 2010, I ought to have at least started on one of these. Otherwise, my life is going to the crapper keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment