Sunday, January 23, 2005

My post-hogging tables at Cello's thoughts

So. Another weekend. This is bound to be fun. Credit class lasted all of an hour or so, considerably less time than it took me to prepare for school today. What a waste of effort to get dressed and all. Oh well. I'm not complaining though. If only every day in law school were like this. Hehe! So anyway, after a protracted Credit class, Nico and I hitched a ride home with Jen. I was craving for something sweet so I headed over to Cello's for a doughnut. Well, okay, two doughnuts. (Waistline expanding by the second...) After hogging tables at Cello's (I wasn't feeling up to the task of walking the -ahem- distance home to the condo, so I immersed myself in today's issue of the Inquirer. Incidentally, I came across an article by Isagani Cruz about a stupid Congressman with a Georgetown degree in something whose wallet---Louis Vuitton!!! plus P7,500 cash and a P50.000 bearer bond!!!---got picked when he so smartly brought so much moolah to, well, Bilibid. Smart move, A-hole!!! So anyway, there was this article about Prince Harry, that ugly S.O.B., who raised a lot of eyebrows, and very understandably negative Jewish sentiment, when he wore a Nazi armband, uniform etc. to a party. Another smart A-hole. Common sense doesn't seem to come with people's packages nowadays. Harhar! Oh well, I'm one to talk!) So anyway, to finish my sentence, after hogging tables over at Cello's, I bought a pack of Marlboro menthols and hopped over to National Bookstore where my ATM card almost got consumed by two famished machines. God in heaven, when you're broke, nothing seems to work for you. So anyway, I looked around for interesting books that I could afford and after finally coming to terms with the fact that I couldn't afford anything even if I wanted anything, I skipped out of there gracefully, smiling all the way for no particular reason, and trudged (So many synonyms for walk noh? Hehe!) to Video City and rented myself 64 pesos' worth of vcd's. Which basically translates into starvation for the weekend. I got Shrek 2 (who incidentally looks like my ex. And no, I'm not being bitter. He DOES look like L.A. Everybody says so. So does Vandolph. Oh well... I hope he doesn't run across my blog anytime soon...) Anyway, I got Shrek 2, Laws of Attraction (As if I haven't had enough of law school to last me ten lifetimes!), Love Actually (Which I hear is good. For my weekend's sake, and for my peace of mind, I hope it is.), Life is Beautiful (Food for my oh so uncultured soul.), and The Insider (to feed my longing for Al Pacino. Oh Diaz... Sigh!) Anyway, so there. Now I'm back in the building where I predict I'll be holed up for the next 3 years of my life, alone. Sob! If only this guy I've been pining over would finally make a concrete move and stop shoving incoherent gestures of appreciation and semi-flirtation in my direction and FINALLY, FINALLY (!!!) make up his mind and PLEASE (!!!) translate all this mumbo-jumbo into something even remotely concrete and capable of pecuniary estimation, oops, I meant capable of comprehension. Hehe! I love Teddy Te. Wala lang. So there. After this, I'm off to the condo to tidy up a bit and bum around til law school bangs on my doorstep again Monday morning. Oh, by the way, I rearranged my clothes last weekend. Hehe! All my going out stuff is now in one cabinet, and all my towels, sheets, pj's, and house clothes are in the other one. Pretty neat, if you ask me. Nico can relate, I'm sure. He won't be able to sweep the dust from under MY feet. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment