Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Some of my oh-so-incoherent thoughts for the day...

Well, it's back to law school for me... I had a great Christmas break though. Two weeks of no school stuff is probably the closest I can get to heaven right now. I ran into a couple of old friends too. I met up with Kiel in Lipa a few days after I got home and we did a little catching up while scanning the Robinson's Lipa crowd for familiar faces from high school or whenever. We ran into K.C. Reyes (who was with her mom, and her brother, I think), Ma'am Patty, Sir Basco, Ma'am Blanco and Sir Morris in Pizza Hut, Sir Villanueva and Ma'am Fe somewhere in the Frio Mixx vicinity, and a couple of other high school people I can't really place right now. I also ran into Dianne's parents a few days before New Year's. No wonder she hasn't been texting back, she's in Mississippi pala and won't be back til January 7th.

I also took the opportunity during the two week break from my oh-so-hectic life as a professional student to bond with my 8-month-old baby brother. That was fun. I was never really into kids before but I think I'm kinda developing a knack for dealing with babies and toddlers. Haha! Who would've thought? It's just weird when I remember that I'm 21 years older than him. I mean, he could be MY kid! Oh well. I don't plan on having any in the next couple of years so I guess he'll be my boytoy na lang. Haha!

So anyway... I'm so lost. I just got back from Lipa yesterday afternoon, and I'm already feeling homesick. A little anyway. I miss Marcus, my baby brother, and my dad, and everybody. And the food!!! And I SOOOOO do not miss studying. But if they're going to kick me out of UP Law, they're going to drag me out kicking and screaming. Last night, I spent 8 hours trying to finish the Labor cases, but I finally gave up trying around 2am and slept til kingdom come. I crammed after we got back from TUCP, but I STILL didn't finish em in time for class. Lucky me I didn't get called today. So as a token of gratitude to whoever for my fantastic luck, I volunteered to write our Labor paper proposal tonight, since everybody else, except Chi has CivPro tomorrow. Oh that evil witch! (As if!)

I made myself a couple of New Year's pseudo-resolutions too.

1. I'll TRY not to cut class.
2. I'll TRY not to be late for class.
3. I'll TRY to be prepared for class na.
4. I'll TRY to keep normal sane hours.
5. I'll TRY to get some exercise regularly. (I'm getting meself new crosstrainers tomorrow. My dad gave me money to buy a pair for Christmas.)
6. I'll DEFINITELY take things a LOT less seriously this year. Fly / travel light.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep that last one. The first five, like I said, I'll TRY.

Just so things don't get mixed up, Marcus is my baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment