Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Still broke...

I'm still feeling the repercussions of my shopping rampage of two weeks ago. Has it been two weeks? It feels like forever that I've been struggling on my basic allowance... I got called for Admin again today. I seem to have developed a knack for getting called for cases I didn't read... Anyway, I had lunch in World Topps / Bento Box with the barkada: Chi, Jen, Lianne, Nico, Mia, Oggs and Daisy. Yep, first time in so long that we were complete. I also finally managed to refurbish my toiletries supplies today (I just got back from Rustan's / Mercury), although now I think I'll be living on 7-11 siopao for the rest of the month... AND I think I'll be spending the entire weekend home like I did last weekend. I'll probably be cleaning the condo, arranging and rearranging my stuff, reading non-school stuff, etcetera. Oh well. Bahala na lang.

On another note, I'm finally getting out of the condo tonight. I'm drinking with Jen, Chi, Punch, Leo Singson and two of Leo's blockmates in City Jam, that little bar across the street from Tapika along the Katipunan Extension.

My friends and I are considering tutoring Koreans for a living. Hehe! We're all broke, see, and we all need the extra moolah. Lianne and I are also thinking of applying for the RA position Ma'am Beth is offering. As for Lianne, she says she needs something to keep her busy now that she's dropped Avena's CivPro class. And as for me, I just really need the money. I don't know what my schedule will be like if ever I do get accepted, but I have to make time, seeing as I'm probably the most broke person in the world right now.

Just to illustrate how indiscriminately I've been spending lately, in the midst of my non-richness, I force-squeezed a movie and dinner out yesterday afternoon / last night with Oggs, Nico, Lianne, Mia and Daisy in Rob East. We watched Kung Fu Hustle, well, except for Daisy, who opted for Ocean's Twelve instead. And then my laundry's quite another story! Imagine 3 thick heavy towels, two sets of sheets, blankets and pillowcases plus two weeks' worth of clothes. It all added up, to thankfully, below 400. It cost me 250, but for someone who's not exactly laden with extra cash, that's a lot.

So anyway, that's my week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment