Friday, February 04, 2005

Goodbye cruel world!

Just kidding.

Anyway, I just got back from SBC, the venue of my latest attempt to get some studying done.

After a day of binging, and I mean MAJOR binging, I indulged myself in a bit of culture, if I can call it that. I saw a play tonight, 12 Angry Women. It wasn't of T.A. caliber by any standard, but it entertaining. Sara, Sands' sister was in it, so I tagged along with Sands, Jovan and Ness to go see it tonight. 12 Angry Women was about a jury of 12 women from varying backgrounds. There was an overly made up, and continuously making up, woman whose every sentence seemed to carry her credentials as an advertising gal. Then there was the probinsyana who wanted to close the only window to the jury room, the one who seemed to never have an opinion about anything, the prude, played by Sara, the supposedly rich juror, the angsty one with a hot temper, the really class-sensitive woman from the less fortunate area, and the really thin one whom the indicted child should really kiss ass for, as she reversed the initial 11-1 vote in favor of holding her guilty to 1-11 in favor of holding her not guilty on the ground of reasonable doubt. The plot basically revolved around the deliberations leading to the verdict, and the real emotions and contextual factors that do get involved in jury discussions. It wasn't quite a break from law school. I mean, it was basically Crim all over again, but I love watching plays, so I'd have to concede on that ground. The acting was mediocre compared to T.A. but for a minor production, it was all well and good. The best part of the whole night is that I got a free slice of pizza and iced tea with my 150-peso ticket. And a bacon cheesedog sandwich, which I had to pay for.

I went straight to SBC after the play to attempt to get some studying done. In that context, I guess I accomplished my mission. I got to finish some of the stuff I'm supposed to read for Credit class tomorrow, but I finally gave up 3 minutes ago. I'm going home to take a cold shower and 5 hours of sleep. Sands is waking me up at 6am tomorrow to go jogging before breakfast and another day of studying for class, going to class, and then studying for Labor midterms. I'm so dead. Half of the coverage for Labor I never really took seriously. I really don't get it. All the cases are the same. Petitions for certification election, the incomprehensible acronyms these labor unions manage to conjure for themselves, and intra- and inter- union disputes. Why can't they all just get along so we poor law students can get some rest? Hehe! Oh well. Good luck na lang.

No comments:

Post a Comment