Thursday, February 24, 2005

Post-22nd birthday ramblings

That's weird. I was under the impression I managed to post something after my birthday... Anyway, I guess the internet connection went bonkers again...

Anyway, my 22nd birthday was the best I've had by far. 22's the best! And I don't even give a damn that I've been -ahem- unaffiliated, for more than a year now. All is well and good.

My birthday celebration began on the 16th. Incidentally, I decided to wear my white skirt to school that day. Wala lang. I just felt like being girlie. I was hanging out by myself in the lib when I had this sudden urge to edge myself closer to lung cancer (Harhar!). I had the Winlaw Flower Sale funds with me, so I couldn't leave my bag in the lib. I left my cases and reviewers there though. (This fact will prove pertinent later on. =p) So I skipped out of the lib and amused myself with the people passing by the lib steps and chatted with Sands and Judy for a while. Just when I thought I'd have a few moments to myself to ponder on the more fundamental questions in life =p, Leo and Troy, and later Marlon, A.R. and J.P. stopped by, and I ended up having isaw with them. It's been a REALLY long time since I've had isaw, as the only person who's ever wanted to have isaw is, well, currently very distant. FYI, I'm talking about my erstwhile significant other. So anyway, I don't remember who exactly did the inviting and coercing (Who am I kidding here?), but the 5 of us (Leo, A.R., Troy, Marlon and I --- note the proper usage of the pronoun! Haha!) ended up having a few beers at the University Hotel. Note that at this point, I had every intention of going to Property class, as I skipped the previous night's session to go to the UP Fair with Mia, Lianne, Jen and Cesar. Incidentally, I thoroughly enjoyed the fair, although there was absolutely no alcohol in sight. So going back, after our 4-7pm drinking session, I took their advice and skipped class altogether. After finally deciding to meet up in Tribu (that new drinking place in the Xavierville area where we drank exactly a week before for Leo's birthday) at 11, Leo and Marlon left, and A.R. and I dropped Troy off at Malcolm. Neither of us wanted to go home just yet, so when A.R. asked if I wanted to have dinner, I said sure. Why not? We were supposed to go to Kamirori, as I've been craving for raw fish (Haha!) for the longest time, but since he wasn't able to withdraw from BPI, and reiterated once and again that he absolutely loved the Citibank in Libis, we ended up having dinner in Sushi Ya Libis til 10. By the time we remembered that I had left my CivPro and Labor stuff in the lib, it was 10, and the lib was closed and Malcolm Hall was absolutely deserted. There went my lunch, and my school stuff. And so A.R. and I ended up driving around Quezon City. It was so spontaneous and so fun. Funny thought: My blockmates and I always thought A.R. was Charles Veloso. Hehe! Oh well. Guess not. So anyway, we finally gave up the whole driving thing a few minutes before 11 and decided to get settled in Tribu. But lo and behold, when we entered, it was like a law school reunion of sorts. I am NOT kidding. Apparently, R.E., Karen Simbulan et. al. (whom I just learned is Gold's friend. Small world eh?) had just come back from a volleyball game. And the teasing began. And we headed out to wait for Leo et.al. Oh well.

To cut the story really short (I'm just waiting for Jen and Nico so I can hitch a ride home.) stayed in Tribu til around 2:30 then everyone except A.R. and I went home. As for the two of us, we hadn't given up on the idea of getting tipsy just yet. Actually, we never DID get anywhere near tipsy, but we had a couple of beers in Whistlestop Libis and stayed there til 7am when we finally gave up all hopes of having San Mig Light running through our veins and decided to go home. By the time I got home, it was 7:30, the sun was up, and I had less than 5 hours to go til Admin and Labor. Oh god, the horror!

My birthday proper. I decided to wear that off-shoulder shirt I bought from Kamiseta and my white capris. Really cute outfit. BUT, I ended up NOT going to both Admin AND Labor. Why I even bothered to go to school, I have no idea. Well, I helped Charles and Oggs campaign, so I guess I was able to do SOMETHING.

My birthday began on the 16th with beer and ended on the 17th again with beer. I swapped my white capris with my white skirt and had a nightcap in OJ's Eastwood with Marie, Mitch, Iya and Chi. The perfect end to the perfect birthday.

By now, I've learned that people actually read my blog, so I might as well say thank you to everyone who celebrated my birthday with me: A.R., Leo, Troy, Marlon, J.P., Jen, Punch, Chi, Mitch, Iya, Marie, and my barkada. Thanks guys! =) I had the greatest birthday ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment