Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Another day at the QC RTC

With Credit midterms down, and my fate uncertain, I lived yet another sleepless night for fear I wouldn't be able to wake up to go to the Quezon City RTC for our CivPro court observation thingie. I have never been, and will never will be a morning person. Okay, scrap that. I'm a morning person when I don't have to go to school. I love waking up naman in the morning if the first sound I hear is waves crashing. Or when I'm going hiking with my dad in Batangas. Or when I'm going to the beach or somewhere out-of-town with my friends or my family. But when it comes to going to class! God! You'd have to literally drag me out of bed and drench me with either ice-cold or scalding hot water to get me going. Oh well...

NOTE: Skip this part it you're not interested in the intricacies of going to court et. al. So anyway... Thankfully, I didn't have to spend my precious wallet-fillers to take a cab there. I hitched with A.R. na lang. Anyway, Mario, A.R., Franco, Law and I (Cherry and Reena weren't able to go for some reason I can't seem to remember right now...) are done na with hearing on a motion (2), and pre-trial (2). I only need to go to a hearing on cases covered by summary procedure, cross-examination and lupon proceedings. I'm thinking of creating a great big fuss in Loyola Heights and observing the proceedings then. Hehe! We saw Ma'am Chrissy din there. She was counsel for Caltex ba or some other big company. She looked kinda frumpy and messed up though, like she didn't bother to dress up or to even comb her hair. But then again, I guess it comes with the stress of ACCRA.

It's always such a shock going to court. What with all the handcuffed yellow-clad people and the armed policemen and the crappy lawyers. It's hot and crowded, and people stare. But I still can't imagine myself doing anything else besides lawyering. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment