Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oh well.

Para dramatic?!! Huh? Hoy, hindi na uso yan. I'm blabbing like a fool while some people comment anonymously. I'm just kidding. Hehe! =) It's a free country. Anyway, at the rate I'm going, I guess it's apropriate. It's your call anyway. I'm just curious. People very seldom leave comments kasi. It's a new thing for me. I'm still just getting used to the fact that people actually read my blog. Conversations sometimes come to a dead stop for me when the conversee (new word!) mentions something I distinctly remember NOT telling him or her about. And so I ask, uh, how'd you know about that? And the conversee replies, "I read your blog, " or "Uh, Friendster?" I really should stop saying so many things here. I've been getting into trouble already. But then again, I'm used to getting into trouble because of what I write. Or say. (Bribe: I'll tell you about my college freshman year booboo in exchange for, uh, less drama. Hehe! Nah. It's fine.) I'll just pretend you're this guy Mario and I have been swooning over. Haha! Half truth spotted there. Guess which half it is.

As for my college freshman booboo, I'll write about it during my next break from studying tomorrow night. I'm cramming again, see. All the work I should have done over the past 4 months but didn't do, I'm rushing to finish now. Bad bad bad person. Well. At least I'm not evil like Mario. Friday, we were studying in Starbucks. He was reading my messages. A few seconds after he returned my phone, I got a message that was supposed to be from this guy asking me out to dinner and a movie. I completely lost it and turned to Mario astounded, "Ohmigod! You texted him! Ohmigod! Ohmigod! Mario! What did you tell him?!!!" I think I got the message when Mario's evil-er than evil look turned into a wide grin and eventually into uncontrollable guffaws. I turned back to the message after that and realized that the guy it was supposed to be from SO does not text like that. I won't describe it. There are a precious few people I know who text that way (and I really appreciate that. Impressive, actually.), and I am not giving THIS one away. Mario still hasn't gotten over my reaction to this very day. (Hey, that rhymes!) Priceless daw. Bleh! =p Evil ka talaga.

Yesterday, I woke up after too much sleep and tripped on everything that was in my way the short distance from my bed to my desk. And then Mario started his text tirade telling me to rush so we could study. Hello?!! Moe and Joe! (For those who don't know, that was an allusion to our Nego midterm which involved a guy with a personality disorder, switches personalities from Moe to Joe and vice versa.) We didn't have plans kaya! But Mario is Mario. He's the cutest thing there is. Hehe! So I rushed through my bath (although nobody ever believes I sometimes rush, as the rushed version takes at least half an hour), put on my contacts, went through my post-bath lotion et.al. ceremony, (note that at this point, I still wasn't REALLY rushing) and then Mario started texting and calling like mad, so with hair dripping and all, I grabbed all the school stuff that happened to be on my desk, not even bothering to stuff them into my bag, and ran to meet them downstairs. And then we were off to Coffee Bean Eastwood.

I SO love Coffee Bean. (And Eastwood.) Quoting someone I know, it's MY turf. Hehe! Well, not really. I won't even pretend that I have even a minor claim. But Chi and I were one of the first to discover Coffee Bean Eastwood. We used to study there a lot early freshman year, when the City Walk wasn't even done yet. Starbucks was under construction, and there was dust everywhere outside. We were there so often the manager / owner knew us na, and they would turn down the airconditioning for us at our request, even if the other customers complained. Now everybody goes there na. Darn. Oh well. Goodbye secret study place. I lost Coffee Bean. Then I lost San Fran. I wonder when people are going to start studying in our tub. Hehe! Just kidding. I'm just very territorial when it comes to study places. And a lot of other things. You get the picture.

In any case, I'm officially done with my Succession digests. All 102 of them. Each painstakingly handwritten. My hands are about to fall off. God help me. I'm just taking a break before I hit the books again. Due to my previous preoccupation with Succession digests, I haven't started studying for finals yet, and I've got a large void to fill... I didn't read a substantial portion of everything I had to read. So. It's Campos and Perez tonight for Nego. Tomorrow's PIL and IPL day. Tuesday, my final run for Nego and a pseudo-review for Evidence. Wednesday, Nego. Thursday, Evidence take home written finals. Friday, PIL. Saturday, IPL. Phew! Then a couple of days off before Succession Thursday, Transpo Friday and Evidence moot court Saturday. Ayayay.

I think I'm degenerating into an inarticulate blob. I can't even write anymore, and I've always loved writing. I was going over my blog entries a few minutes earlier, and I couldn't help but cringe at how crass and unpolished everything is. It's like reading the diary entries of a functionally literate 3-year-old. Well, except for the melodrama. Maybe I used up all my energy early on and now I'm running the prime of my life on the dregs of my so-called intelligence. I did excellent in grade school and high school. Way above average. I was grade school valedictorian, and I graduated 3rd in my high school class. Would've graduated with honors if I hadn't had a Technical Drawing disaster the second quarter of my junior year. College, I did okay. I think a 3.12's not bad, given the fact that I almost never studied. I used to wake up 2 hours befroe finals to cram and still get good grades. Enough to impress my English professors and those people whose opinions mattered to me. But law school, ohmigod. It's like an eternity of marvelling at the guillotine that's sure to sever my head in the end. I don't know if I'm just not exerting myself enough (which is probably the case) or if I'm just not meant for this (which is also highly probable and highly possible). I'm confussed. (That's a word I invented a few months ago, pronounced /con-fust'/, meaning a degree of confusion that's almost incomprehensible.) I did fine initially. And then there was Barry. And it was all downhill from there.

Anyway, I gotta go study. Please leave a comment about WON (for the non-law people, that's short for whether or not) I write like shit. I need affirmation here, people! And puhleeease leave your names. =p (No pressure. Haha!)

1 comment:

  1. yeah, you don't write like shit. from what i read, you're quite gifted when it comes to writing. =)

    ReplyDelete